Read & understand
You can use We share a sea as a reading assignment in English or in your own language. In order to get the most out of your reading you may want to use these “Read & understand” questions when working with the text:
- Read & understand: Simon’s new school, pages 3-7
- Read & understand: Livestock, manure and nutrients, pages 8-11
- Read & understand: Around the Baltic Sea, pages 12-13
- Read & understand: A trip to the sea, pages 16-21
To improve your knowledge and understanding of nutrients, why plants need them and how they affect the marine environment, you should carry out some of the following experiments in science class – or all of them:
- EXPERIMENT Grow crops and see what manure does to the plants.
- EXPERIMENT Pour fertilizer in water and see what happens.
- EXPERIMENT Examine plankton in seawater.
- EXPERIMENT Dissect a fish and see how it gets oxygen.
- EXPERIMENT Make your own oxygen depletion in the aquarium.